Added: September 30, 2017
Perhaps you considered seeking some help, but you were too busy to schedule an appointment.
Maybe you prefer the privacy and informality of discussing your issues in the security of your own environment.
Or maybe you are experiencing a medical illness or disability that makes it difficult for you to visit a counsellor”s premises.
Other possible reasons why online counselling could suit you are that you….
• Live in a remote area and find it difficult to travel.
• Have hearing problems and prefer to use text only communication.
• Have a profession where you travel with your work and therefore away from home for extended periods.
• Cannot conveniently leave home
• Have irregular schedules.
• Are agoraphobic.
• Find in-person meetings are stressful.
• Are a parent who is unable to obtain childcare.
Online counselling allows you to receive help in your own time, without having to take time off work or seek a babysitter and within the complete privacy of your own home.
Online counselling is a form of listening and talking. A positive aspect of our communication is that you will be able to reflect upon your experience, understand yourself better and become more open and willing to positive change.